THE Impact Ranking 2021
The Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is the only Indian university to secure a rank amongst the top 100 in the third edition of Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Ranking. The varsity bagged the 81st position in the university rank list, which consists of 1240 universities from 98 countries and regions. The rankings are evaluated on the universities’ performances of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham has also scored fifth rank for ‘quality education’ and eight for ‘gender equality’ globally.
- In ‘good health and well-being’, the varsity got 37th position and for ‘clean water and sanitation’, it is at 52nd. Previously, the university had its name in the 301-400 set of rankings.
- Besides, there are two other Indian universities in the 101-200 bands, JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, and Lovely Professional University.
- The JSS Academy stands at 49th position for ‘zero hunger’, for ‘good health and well-being’ at 52nd, joint 81st for ‘climate action’, joint 70th for ‘life on land’ and 97th for ‘responsible consumption and production’.
List of World’s Most Impactful Universities
- University of Manchester, UK
- University of Sydney, Australia
- RMIT University, Australia
- La Trobe University, Australia
- Queen’s University, Canada
- Aalborg University, Denmark
- University of Woolonngong, Australia
- University College Cork, Ireland
- Arizona State University, US
- University of Auckland, New Zealand