Q1. Which of the following statements is/are correct?

  1. The Constitution of India gives the Governor, the power to summon the Legislature of the State.
  2. Indian constitution limits discretionary powers of the Governor, only to cases where the Constitution expressly specifies that the Governor must act on his own and apply an independent mind.

 Select the correct answer using the codes given below:

 (a) 1 only                                            

(b) 2 only

 (c) Both 1 and 2                               

(d) Neither 1 nor 2

Option C is correct.

Both statements are correct. The Constitution of India gives the Governor, the power to summon the House of the Legislature of the State. Indian constitution limits discretionary powers of the Governor, only to cases where the Constitution expressly specifies that the Governor must act on his own and apply an independent mind.

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/rajasthan-govt-crisis-explained-when-can-governor-use-discretion-how-sc-ruled-6525917/

Q2. Consider the following statements regarding the ‘Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan’:

  1. It is an initiative of the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment.
  2. Converting 50% of all the government buildings of National Capital and all the State capitals into fully accessible buildings, is one of the target of this campaign.

Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?

(a) 1 only

(b) 2 only

(c) Both 1 and 2

(d) Neither 1 nor 2

Option B is correct.

Statement 1 is incorrect. It is an initiative of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. 

Statement 2 is correct. Converting 50% of all the government buildings of National Capital and all the State capitals into fully accessible buildings, is one of the target of the campaign.

http://accessibleindia.gov.in/content/innerpage/about-accessible-india-campaign.php

Q3. Consider the following pairs:

       Valley           Region

  1. Chushul valley -    Sikkim
  2. The Three Valleys - Arunachal Pradesh
  3. Kangra valley - Uttarakhand

Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?

 (a) 2 only

 (b) 2 and 3 only

(c) 1 and 3 only

(d) 1, 2 and 3

Option A is correct.

  1. Chushul valley - Ladakh
  2. The Three Valleys - Arunachal Pradesh
  3. 3. Kangra valley - Himachal Pradesh

Pakke-Valley, Pappu Valley, and Passa Valley are referred to as the three valleys together.

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/valleys-in-himachal-pradesh/

https://www.trodly.com/india/destination-5297/chushul

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/valleys-in-arunachal-pradesh/

Q4. Consider the following statements:

  1. The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency. 
  2. State of World Population Report is an annual publication of the United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA).

Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?

(a) 1 only

(b) 2 only

(c) Both 1 and 2

(d) Neither 1 nor 2

Option B is correct.

Statement 1 is incorrect. The United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA) is the United Nations sexual and reproductive health agency.

Statement 2 is correct. State of World Population Report is an annual publication of the UNFPA.

https://asiapacific.unfpa.org/en/events/invitation-state-world-population-report-launch-events

https://www.unfpa.org/about-us

Q5. Consider the following statements:

As per this design, the government will contribute to 40% of the project cost in the first five years through annual payments. The remaining payment will be made on the basis of the assets created and the performance of the developer. Developer has to raise the remaining 60% in the form of equity or loans. There is no toll right for the developer. Under this model, Revenue collection would be the responsibility of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).

Which of the following infrastructure model has been mentioned above?

(a) Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) Toll Model

(b) Build Operate and Transfer (BOT) annuity model

(c) Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Model

(d) Hybrid annuity model

Option D is correct. As per Hybrid annuity model, the government will contribute to 40% of the project cost in the first five years through annual payments. The remaining payment will be made on the basis of the assets created and the performance of the developer. Developer has to raise the remaining 60% in the form of equity or loans. There is no toll right for the developer. Under this model, Revenue collection would be the responsibility of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).

http://www.arthapedia.in/index.php?title=Hybrid_Annuity_in_Infrastructure_Sector

Q6. With reference to the National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organization (NATMO), consider the following statements:

  1. It is the sole national agency bearing the responsibility of depicting national framework data in the form of thematic maps and atlases to cater the various needs of different sectors.
  2. It is functioning as a subordinate department under the Ministry of Earth Sciences.

Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?

(a) 1 only

(b) 2 only

(c) Both 1 and 2

(d) Neither 1 nor 2

Option A is correct.

Statement 1 is correct. National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organization (NATMO), is the sole national agency bearing the responsibility of depicting national framework data in the form of thematic maps and atlases to cater the various needs of different sectors.

Statement 2 is incorrect. It is functioning as a subordinate department under the Department of Science & Technology, Ministry of Science & Technology.

http://www.natmo.gov.in/

Q7. With reference to the National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), consider the following statements:

  1. It is registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act.
  2. It has a two tier management structure and comprises of Governing Council and Executive Committee, both of them are headed by the Director General, NMCG.

Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?

(a) 1 only

(b) 2 only

(c) Both 1 and 2

(d) Neither 1 nor 2

Option C is correct.

Statement 1 is correct. National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG), is registered as a society on under the Societies Registration Act and acts as the implementation arm of National Ganga Council.

Statement 2 is correct. It has a two tier management structure and comprises of Governing Council and Executive Committee, both of them are headed by Director General, NMCG.

https://nmcg.nic.in/about_nmcg.aspx

Q8. Consider the following statements:

  1. Red rashes are the common symptoms, shown by people suffering from Measles and Rubella diseases.
  2. There is no vaccine available for preventing Rubella as well as Measles.

Which of the Statements given above is/are correct?

(a) 1 only

(b) 2 only

(c) Both 1 and 2

(d) Neither 1 nor 2

Option A is correct.

Statement 1 is correct. Rubella isn't the same as measles, but the two illnesses share some symptoms, including the red rash. Rubella is caused by a different virus than measles, and rubella isn't as infectious or as severe as measles.

Statement 2 is incorrect. The measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine is highly effective in preventing rubella.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rubella/symptoms-causes/syc-20377310

Ques  Ans:

1-(c)

2-(b)

3-(a)

4-(b)

5-(d)

6-(a)

7-(c)

8-(a)